Dear Parents and Carers,
We are living in unprecedented times, and the staff and I are grateful for the strong support and trust the Stanmore community has shown to our school. We continue to follow the advice of experts from Departments of Health and Education. The Prime Minister has confirmed this morning that schools will remain open. Our teachers are continuing to implement planned programs, and we are taking measures to promote social distancing strategies as far as possible within a school and classroom context.
Here is an update for our community on important matters:
- If your child is sick they should stay at home and rest.
- If your child has an underlying health condition that may compromise their immunity, please seek medical advice and inform the school of the medical advice so that we can make additional reasonable accommodations.
- Students who have been overseas are to self-isolate for 14 days after arriving in Australia prior to attending school.
- Students who have been identified as a close contact of a person diagnosed with COVID-19 must self-isolate at home until 14 days after their last contact with the infected person. Students in self-isolation will be provided with online learning activities.
- School is open and therefore attendance remains compulsory for all school-aged children who are not sick. If parents elect to keep children at home to promote social distancing, the school must be notified.
- While the school is open and operating in a face to face mode, we do not have the capacity to provide home schooling support for families who choose to keep children at home.
Visitors on site and school events
- Thank you to all our families for minimising the time you are on site before and after school. Your efforts in this area have been noticed and appreciated.
- All non-essential meetings and events have been cancelled or postponed until further notice.
- Due to the postponement of our community Harmony Day Assembly on Friday, we have also postponed students coming to school in orange and cultural dress. Our annual assembly filled with dance, songs, parent community and students in a sea of orange and cultural dress is an event we want to celebrate properly as a whole school. Students will still be recognising Harmony Day in their individual classrooms with their teachers.
Learning Continuity Plan
- The school has developed a Learning Continuity Plan, to be implemented in the event that schools are closed in future.
- Learning From Home Plans (LFHPs) for each year level will be distributed to families. LFHPs will provide students with daily activities and associated resources to be completed at home.
- Please ensure you have completed the survey sent out on Tuesday. This informs us which families prefer online or non-digital plans, and how they prefer to receive them. Please be aware that online LFHPs will contain a mix of online and offline activities, but work will be submitted and feedback provided through an online platform. If you have an internet connection and a suitable device, this option is encouraged.
- The online learning platform for Years K-2 will be Seesaw. While parents already have the Seesaw Family app, for students to share their work with teachers, they’ll need the Seesaw Class app. Seesaw Class can be used with QR codes that will be sent home to Year K-2 families when required.
- The online learning platform for Years 3-6 will be Google Classroom. Most students have some experience in accessing Google Classroom. To ensure successful access for all, we will send home a quick reference guide for accessing this platform.
- While the school is open and operating in a face to face mode we do not have the capacity to provide home schooling support.
Thank you to our staff
I would like to acknowledge and congratulate our teaching, support and administrative staff, who are doing an amazing job in extraordinary circumstances. Our students are happy, classes are calm and productive and the health, wellbeing and learning of every child remains our primary focus. Thank you to the whole Stanmore PS team.