The Department of Education has blocked many sites so they cannot be accessed on school devices and searches involving particular words are also blocked.
In addition, the school has a number of arrangements in place to manage online behaviours.
- Mobile phones are checked in at the beginning of the day and checked out at the end of the day to prevent unauthorised recording.
- Students bringing their own devices to school for educational programs have to sign a contract regarding appropriate use. If they fail to comply with these conditions they may be asked both to bring their device in future.
- These devices cannot be used unless under direct supervision of a teacher, which means they cannot be used during lunchtimes or any other free time.
By participating in the BYOD program, I agree that I will:
- Only use my device for the task my teacher has instructed.
- Only use my device when supervised by a teacher.
- Look after my device at school and when travelling to and from school.
- Leave my device in the classroom during the day.
- Turn off automatic updates for software (apps), music and videos.
- Turn my device on Airplane mode and then turn the WiFi on.
- Use of your device’s mobile network (3G or 4G network) is not permitted.
- I also understand that it is my responsibility to:
- Make sure my device is fully charged when I bring it to school.
- Remember to take my device home at the end of each day.
- Know the password for my device so I can modify internet settings.
- I understand that unauthorised recording (both audio and video) is not allowed.
In addition each year, the school usually runs a cyber safety program for parents and students. Please watch for the invitation to the next event.